|Panasonic BB-HCM531A Outdoor Network Camera - DISCONTINUED
Please Note: Item has been discontinued and no stock remains. This item has been replaced by the Panasonic WV-SW172.Features:
Outdoor Network Camera with Pan - Tilt, Power over Ethernet (PoE) MPEG-4 Network Camera with Preset Modes, Progressive Scan, Analog Video Output and SD Card Recording with Audio.
Panasonic Part Number: BB-HCM531A
More Information on Panasonic BB-HCM531A Outdoor Network Camera:
● Panasonic BB-HCM531A Network Camera Brochure
● Panasonic BB-HCM531A Network Camera Setup Guide
● Panasonic BB-HCM531A Network Camera Install Manual
Panasonic BB-HCM531A Network Camera HD Video Playlist:
Panasonic BB-HCM531A Outdoor Network Camera
● Pan/Tilt/Digital Zoom with Presets
● PoE (802.3af-compliant)
● Progressive Scan
● Analog Video Output
● Simultaneous MPEG-4 and JPEG
● SD Card Recording with Audio
● 0.09 Lux Color Night View Mode
● Up to 30 Frames per Second CCD
● Full Screen Monitoring
● Remote Monitoring from Cell Phone
● Full Screen 4-up and 12-up Multi-camera Pages
● Up to 30 Video Users
● Built-in Web Server/IP Address (IPv4/v6)
● Audio Capability (2-way)
● Built-in Microphone
● Dual Sensor Input to Trigger Movement
● Image Transfer by Motion Detection, Sensor Alert, Timer
● Password Protection
● Plug-and-play Installation
● Free Web Address like https://bob.viewnetcam.com
● Multi-language Interface
● Image Date and Time Stamp
● 1 Year Warranty
Panasonic BB-HCM531A Outdoor Network Camera was designed for outdoor operation and meets both IPX4 and UL6500 standards of outdoor equipment. It operates between -4°F and 122°F and is splash resistant for wet-weather operation.
See There When You Can't Be There™
Place this plug-and-play camera in your home, office, vacation home or almost anywhere else you'd like to keep an eye on things, with no PC required at the location. The camera can be viewed and controlled from a standard Web browser, video display, or even a compatible cell phone or PDA1 and requires no additional software for the PC that you're viewing it on. All of the other required software, including control software (TCP/UDP) and e-mail software (SMTP), is already inside the camera.
Any Image Bright and Clear
Panasonic BB-HCM531A Outdoor Network Camera features a CCD (Charged Couple Device) for sharp, enhanced image expression. The image refreshing speed (maximum) has been increased to 30 images per second2 for smoother displays of moving images.
Two-Way Voice Communication
Use of the built-in microphone and a separately purchased amp-equipped speaker enables two-way voice communication3 (transceiver system) between the network camera and a PC used to monitor the camera image. In addition to conventional monitoring of images and sound, voice messages can be transmitted from the PC to the network camera. Voice transmission and reception can be switched easily from the PC used to monitor the image.
Record Directly onto SD Cards
The camera features an SD Memory Card slot for recording images captured by the network camera directly onto an SD Memory Card (sold separately).
Power up without a PC
Power over Ethernet (PoE) means you can use your camera without connecting to a PC. Just plug your camera into a wall outlet, and both the power and the data are transmitted over the same CAT5 wire. Plus, each camera has a built-in Web server with IP address. To view the camera's images on a PC, simply open a graphics-capable Web browser and type in the cameras specified Internet address (password optional).
Control the Camera Remotely
Using a standard Web browser, video display, or even a compatible cell phone or PDA, you can control the movement of the camera. There is Pan (left & right) movement and Tilt (up & down) movement available. You can also assign a "Home Position" that allows you to return the camera to a pre-designated shooting position. Up to eight shooting positions can be registered in advance, so you can aim the camera exactly where you want it. You can also click on the part of the image you want to see, and automatically bring that part to the center of the screen.
Sensor Recording and Image Alerts
With the built-in heat sensor, the camera can be set to record and/or notify you when someone enters the room. It can even automatically move to a preset location when triggered, just in case someone was viewing a different part of the room.
Record Only What You Want to Record
The camera can be set to automatically record video at certain times and certain speeds. In addition, with optional, external sensors attached to the camera, it is possible for the camera to email4 or record when triggered by motion, sound, light, timer, or even a push button. These convenient functions eliminate your need to constantly check the image.
Create Your Own Free Web Address
The FREE viewnetcam.com service allows you to create a personal Web address (e.g., https://bob.viewnetcam.com) at which your camera's live image can be found on the Internet. Access your Panasonic Network Camera live from virtually any Internet connection point around the world! Your Web browser is the only software you'll need. Here's how the camera and service works: special software embedded within your Panasonic Network Camera gives your camera the ability to locate your unique Internet address. No matter what kind of Internet connection you have or which Internet provider you use, the viewnetcam.com service will keep your camera's Internet address permanent.
Panasonic BB-HCM531A Outdoor Network Camera Technical Specifications:
||JPEG (3 levels), MPEG|
|Quality Video Resolution
||640 x 480, 320 x 240 (default), 192 x 144|
||JPEG (favor clarity, standard, favor motion), MPEG5|
||Max. 30 frames/sec (640 x 480, 320 x 240 or 192 x 144)|
||IPv4/v6 Dual Stack|
|Supported Network Protocols
||IPv4 / IPv6 Dual Stack|
IPv4: TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DHCP, DNS, ARP, ICMP, POP3, NTP, UPnP™, SMTP Authentication, RTP, RTSP, RTCP
IPv6: TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DNS, ICMPv6, POP3, NDP, NTP, RTP, RTSP, RTCP
||Max. 30 simultaneous accesses (max. 10 accesses with voice reception)|
||Approx. 350 images (320 x 240)- standard image quality - with time display - without using SD Memory Card|
||Alarm, time or motion detection-Image Buffer Triggers|
|Image Transfer via E-Mail (SMTP) or FTP
||SMTP, FTP, HTTP|
|Free DDNS Compatible (Viewnetcam.com)
|Cellular Phone Compatibility
||View Snapshot and Control from Compatible Cell Phone|
||10x digital zoom (by area)|
||1/4" CCD sensor, approx. 320,000 pixels|
||Horizontal: 54° (total 174°)|
Vertical: 40° (total 105°)
|Remote Pan Angle
||-60° up to +60°|
|Remote Tilt Angle
||-45° to +20° (or less based upon user setting)|
|Maximum Pan/Tilt Speed
|Required Light Intensity
||2 to 100,000 lux (in Color Night View Mode: 0.2 to 100,000 lux)|
|Lens Focus Point
||Fixed (focal range: 0.5m to ∞)|
||2-Way half duplex|
||300Hz - 3.4kHz|
||Built-in Microphone or External Microphone Input Terminal|
||Audio Line Output Terminal for External Speaker|
|Number of Channels
|External I/O Connector
||2 input / 1 output|
|SD Card Slot for Image Buffer
||Full Size (operation guaranteed for 2GB, 1GB, 512MB, 256MB, 128MB, and 64MB SD Memory Cards)|
|Analog Video Output
||Analog composite (NTSC/PAL)|
|Power Over Ethernet Compatibility
||0°C to +40°C (+32°F to +104°F)|
||20-80% RHG, non-condensing|
||PoE: 48V, IEEE 802.3af-compliant Power over Ethernet|
AC adaptor: Input 120V AC
Output 12V DC (option)
||PoE: approx. 6.5W|
AC Adaptor: 7W
|Weight (only the unit)
||330g (0.73 lb)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)
||3-15/16'' x 3-5/16'' x 2-15/16'' |
- Connecting the camera to the Internet requires Internet access and may require that you obtain additional hardware such as a cable or DSL modem, or a hub or router with a 10Base-T Ethernet connection. The camera will not be accessible from across the Internet unless the Internet connection is active. We cannot guarantee that your Internet connection will always be available. The frame rate of the motion image may be dependent upon the uplink speed of the Internet connection and other factors. Viewing may involve some time delay. Recommended minimum 100kbps upstream bandwidth for camera.
- PLEASE NOTE that under certain circumstances, audio/video recording may be PROHIBITED by law. This device should be used only in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local statutes. This function can be used with a PC only. It cannot be used with a cell phone. To hear the voice transmitted from the PC, a commercially available speaker with a built-in amp must be installed. The transceiver system does not allow simultaneous transmission and reception of voices. A version upgrade may be required if you use under IPv6.
- Image resolution: 320 x 240 or 160 x 120.
- Email transmission may not be possible in some cases due to the mail server authentication system (SMTP authentication, etc.) used by your Internet service provider.
- Requires optional BL-WV10A TV Adaptor./LI>
- The maximum frame rate and time delay of the video and/or audio will vary based on factors including the uplink speed of the connection (100kbps minimum uplink recommended).
- Compatible cell phones and PDAs must be able to display JPEG images and HTML Web pages. Additional fee-based cellular services may be required.
Web Came Notes
1 160 x 120 for mobile access only
2 Some features listed here may require a free firmware upgrade to activate.
3 Viewnetcam.com is a free, optional service that requires registration.