|Proxim Lynx.G5 Series |
Lynx.G5 4T, 2.4 and 5 GHz Long Range with Type-N Connector
Includes: Indoor BSU with T1/E1 connections(1), Indoor SU with T1/E1 connections(1), BSU radio(1), and SU radio(1) ,50 m (164 ft) outdoor terminated CAT5 cables (2), software and manual
Indoor units are powered by 48 VDC or 100/230 VAC input.T1 models include US power cords(2), E1 models include World power cords(2)
Telecommunications providers, utilities and enterprises are challenged by a growing demand for high-capacity bandwidth that provides the high performance and high security users demand, along with the flexibility needed to future proof their deployments. Proxim extends its leadership in carrier-class point-to-point radios with the Lynx.G5 family of Wireless Ethernet bridges. These products provide carriers, utilities and enterprises advanced flexibility for high-performance voice and data backhaul by enabling the choice between any frequency in the 2.4 GHz or 5.15-6.08 GHz spectrum — all in a single radio. With support for both T1/E1 interfaces as well as Ethernet, the Lynx.G5 future-proofs backhaul deployments by supporting both technologies simultaneously and providing a simple migration path to IP as the industry moves towards T1 replacement.
High Performance Provides the High Capacity Needed for Voice, Video and Data Backhaul
Merging the field-proven architecture of the existing Proxim Lynx.GX and Proxim Tsunami product families, the Lynx.G5 features the same high-performance and dependability for which Proxim products are known. The Lynx.G5 radios are available in three models — a 4T1, a 4E1 and an 8T1 model — all of which include a single Ethernet interface.
Additional high-performance features include:
- IP Packet Filtering and QOS on every Ethernet IP packet
- Built-in silence detection and redundant data compression for increased data capacity
Highly-Flexible Solution for Frequency Choice and Migration to IP
Regardless of the applications being supported on carrier, enterprise or utility networks, the ability to support multiple frequencies in a single product makes deployments a lot simpler. The Lynx.G5 combines support of the 2.4 GHz and 5.15-6.08 GHz unlicensed spectrums on 5, 10 or 20 MHz channels — all integrated into one radio. For the ultimate in flexibility, the radios are software configurable, making it simple to reconfigure radios when deploying in the field.
Other features that enhance flexibility include:
- Support for both T1/E1 interfaces as well as 10/100 Ethernet, providing a simple migration path to IP as the industry moves towards T1 replacement
- Support for 5, 10 or 20 MHz channels
- Software configurable, making it simple to reconfigure radios when deploying in the field
- SNMP, CLI and Web interfaces for flexible remote management
In today's geo-political climate it is imperative that point-to-point bridges provide highly secure, over-the-air encryption to ensure the secure transmission of data:
Lynx.G5 Series Model Names and Numbers
- The Lynx.G5 radios feature hardware-based, RSA-certified AES encryption to secure the radio link without any impact to performance.
- Proxim's WORP (Wireless Outdoor Routing Protocol) and MD5 authentication provide additional security between Point-to-Point units.
|LG5-4T ||Lynx G5 2.4 and 5 GHz - all IDU 4T1 (bundle) |
|LG5-8T ||Lynx G5 2.4 and 5 GHz - all IDU 8T1 (bundle) |
|LG5-4T-RC ||Lynx G5 2.4 and 5 GHz - IDU/ODU 4T1 'N' connector (bundle) |
|LG5-8T-RC ||Lynx G5 2.4 and 5 GHz - IDU/ODU 8T1 'N' connector (bundle) |
|LG5-4E-LRC ||Lynx G5 5 GHz Long Range- IDU/ODU 4E1 'N' connector (bundle) |
|Lynx G5 5 GHz Long Range- IDU/ODU 4E1 Integrated Antenna (bundle) |
Proxim Lynx.G5 Series Information and Downloads:
● Proxim Wireless at a Glance
● Proxim Lynx.G5 Series Brochure
● Proxim Lynx.G5 Series Brochure (Spanish)